Year of the Bible 2020
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year of the Bible 2020

This is a forum for diverse members to discuss themes and questions from reading through the Bible together.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Genesis 25 - Aspects of Abraham I had overlooked

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Genesis 25 - Aspects of Abraham I had overlooked Empty
PostSubject: Genesis 25 - Aspects of Abraham I had overlooked   Genesis 25 - Aspects of Abraham I had overlooked EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 pm

This is an interesting passage that I often overlook. It starts out describing Abraham's other sons, whom I always forget about even existing. But of course if Abraham was to be the father of many nations he would have to have many sons.

And then Ishmael came back to bury his father. When he and Hagar leave I always assumed he never came back, I missed that he was there as well. That means that he would have been connected to the family enough to know that his father had died.

I'm not sure if I know the significance of either of these things, but like Beth said with a different passage I wanted to note a different passage that doesn't often get discussed.
Back to top Go down
https://yearbible2020.forumotion.com

Genesis 25 - Aspects of Abraham I had overlooked
Page 1 of 1