Year of the Bible 2020
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year of the Bible 2020

This is a forum for diverse members to discuss themes and questions from reading through the Bible together.

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

God is so vast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

God is so vast Empty
PostSubject: God is so vast   God is so vast EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 1:29 pm

This is an interesting passage that is supposed to bring us great comfort. How can we question God's understanding, when there's so much more going on than what we can see? And it can be very comforting to know that this isn't the end and that there are a lot bigger things going on.

It's interesting that Job responded that way, as well. I could easily see it going the other way. When Job asked why he had to suffer these things, God just kind of dismisses his concerns. He never really answers him or shows him what the better outcome is. Sure, he ends up with twice as much wealth as before, but does that negate the years of suffering? Would Job have been just as content as a millionaire with his family all alive? It never really answers the why.
Back to top Go down
https://yearbible2020.forumotion.com
Mkrabbe

God is so vast Empty
PostSubject: Omniscient Reader    God is so vast EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 9:52 am

I don't really like the reason why Job is experiencing all this, but we do know why from the scenes in chapters 1 and 2. Job never gets told and what seems to make that ok is that he meets God and realizes God has heard him (42:5). I have found this to be true for me in the midst of trouble as well.
Back to top Go down
btay06

God is so vast Empty
PostSubject: Re: God is so vast   God is so vast EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 7:50 am

I’m so glad you called these chapters out. I find Job hard to read because of the suffering, complaints and arguing. There’s a total lack of compassion for chapter after chapter. Then this. God didn’t directly answer but the series of questions is designed to reinforce that God knows best. To me, that is the “why” he gave Job even if it’s not the full statement including some of the “how”.

Once I got to 38, I found myself in tears reading it. How absolutely beautiful to hear of Gods beauty and power in how he created the earth. It’s these chapters that help me to reconcile my beliefs with science (my husband has a PhD in toxicology). It feels like a sweet poem that I want to read over and over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

God is so vast Empty
PostSubject: Re: God is so vast   God is so vast Empty

Back to top Go down

God is so vast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Year of the Bible 2020 :: January Daily Discussions :: Jan 14: Job 38 - 39-
Jump to: